Quoting Paul Foster Case, founder of B.O.T.A.:
“The master-key to the Hebrew wisdom is the “name” translated “Lord” [*] in the Authorized Version of the Bible, and “Jehovah” in the revised versions. It is not really a name at all, but rather a verbal, numerical and geometrical formula. In Roman letters corresponding to Hebrew it is spelled IHVH.
“This is a noun form derived from a Hebrew verb meaning “to be.” Correctly translated, it means “That which was, That which is, That which shall be.” THAT, not HE. Thus, it is a perfect verbal symbol for the One Reality- for that Something which has always subsisted behind all forms in the eternity of the past, for that Something which really is behind all the appearances and misunderstandings of the present, for that Something which will be the foundation for all the changing forms of life-expression in the eternity to come.
“Never has Ageless Wisdom attempted to define this One Reality. Its inner nature defies analysis, cannot be put within the limits of any formal statement, because the One Reality is infinite. Yet, in every age the report of the wise has been that in the One Something inheres the power to know. We say, therefore, that IHVH is a verbal symbol for the Conscious Energy that brings all things and creatures into existence.”
~ Paul Foster Case, “A Key to the Wisdom of the Ages”
[* EDITOR’S NOTE: In the King James Bible, “The LORD”, in all capital letters, refers to “Jehovah” aka “Yahweh” (YHWH).]
The images above are just two of many, many such images floating around the Internet reflecting a variety of interpretations. The text and image, below, are from the B.O.T.A. (“Builders of the Adytum”) web site:
|The Pattern on the Trestleboard: This Is Truth About The Self|
|0. All the Power that ever was or will be is here now.
1. I am a center of expression for the Primal Will-to-Good which eternally creates and sustains the Universe.
2. Through me its unfailing Wisdom takes form in thought and word.
3. Filled with Understanding of its perfect law, I am guided, moment by moment, along the path of liberation.
|4. From the exhaustless riches of its Limitless Substance, I draw all things needful, both spiritual and material.
5. I recognize the manifestation of the Undeviating Justice in all the circumstances of my life.
6. In all things, great and small, I see the Beauty of the Divine Expression.
7. Living from that Will, supported by its unfailing Wisdom and Understanding, mine is the Victorious Life.
|8. I look forward with confidence to the perfect realization of the Eternal Splendor of the Limitless Light.
9. In thought and word and deed, I rest my life, from day to day, upon the sure Foundation of Eternal Being.
10. The Kingdom of Spirit is embodied in my flesh.
Builders of the Adytum (B.O.T.A.) [see above]
Next Up: –> Contemplative Tarot